• Registration is at 8:30 a.m.
• Take part in Celebration of Life Ski Down in honor of a loved one lost to cancer.
• Think you have out-pinked the competition? Participate in the costume contest between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
• Pink Vail headquarters at Golden Peak will be rocking out from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. to the sounds of First Chair, Back Road Roots Band, and The Platonics.
• The Checkpoint Challenge runs from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. and involves visiting three of Vail's famous decks hopping with music and fun. When you visit Eagle’s Nest, Waffle Way, and Two Elk decks you will be entered into a drawing for great prizes.
For a day Golden Peak is awash in pink. It is a Vail original and one-of-a-kind. Pink Vail is the largest ski event to combat cancer and it is happening at Vail's Golden Peak Saturday, March 24. Pink Vail raises money to ease the suffering of cancer treatment and support cancer survivorship. The funds raised at Pink Vail stay in our community and aid all cancer patients at the Shaw Cancer Center.
The Shaw Cancer Center opened to the public July 23, 2001. It was specifically designed to provide a comforting and safe environment where cancer patients can seek treatment and heal. In a few short years the Sonnenalp Breast Center and later Jack’s Place were added.
Anyone can participate in Pink Vail and they can do so individually or as a team. There are no restrictions on team size--they can be as large or small as you want. There is a small fee to register for those ages 12 and above. Participants encourage family and friends to financially support them with pledges. The more money participant's raise, the more prizes they are eligible to win. This year's goal is $800,000. Visit Pink Vail to register or donate.
Everyone is welcome to join in a fun day at Golden Peak decked out in their finest, most outrageous or most ingenious pink costumes. In addition to the fabulous skiing Vail is known for, Golden Peak with be pulsating with excitement throughout the event. Themed parties, kids' activities, live music and much more will greet visitors and participants alike.
The money raised by Pink Vail helps fund the Spirit of Survival program that provides services that make a difference in cancer recovery but are often not covered by traditional insurance. These services include fitness classes, massage, acupuncture, nutritional counseling, and outdoor recreational activities.
Follow us on Instagram @tv8vailcolorado and don't forget to #VailTV8 all decked out in pink on the worlds biggest day to conquer cancer!
Vail & Beaver Creek Restaurant Week showcases local cuisine at a…
The Squash Blossom specializes in high karat gold and precious…
The Vail Dance Festival is a two-week celebration of exceptional…
A one of a kind event benefitting all patients at Shaw Cancer Center.
The granddaddy of them all--it is the longest running competitive…